Silver Valley COVID-19 resource site

With the intent to help you find information regarding COVID-19 we put together a resource page for Shoshone County residents, businesses and non-profits. We continually update this page and have tried to organize it in as easy to use way as possible. If you do have any questions please feel free to contact us. Thank you!! Be safe and well. Thank you!!Be safe and well.

Phone: 208-752-5511

Shoshone County residents are all encouraged to register for Absentee Voting in the Primary Election. This form can also be used to select absentee voting for all remaining elections in 2020. Absentee Voting is a easy as 1, 2, 3.

1. Complete the Absentee Ballot Form and Mail it to the County Clerk at 700 Bank St, Ste 120, Wallace, ID 83873.

a. On-line at the Idaho Votes Website (

b. On-line at the Shoshone County Website – Clerks Page (

c. Phone the County Elections Director at 208-752-1264

d. E-Mail the Election Director at

2. Ballot will be mailed to you no earlier than 45 days before the election. Wait for your Ballot to arrive in the mail. Please allow 10-14 days for your ballot to arrive once they begin sending them out.

3. Vote and return your ballot in the envelopes provided prior to Election Day May 19, 2020.

Local Government offices. How to do business.

** This is compiled to assist. Information continues to change. Please contact the office directly for the most up to date information and methods to assist you in continuing with life as we move through this time.

Shoshone County – Based upon the emergency action plan, the following non-essential services will be suspended until further notice:

  • Driver’s Licensing and Motor Vehicle Services (in-person)
  • Notaries Public
  • Jail visitation
  • Jury Duty

At this time, these precautionary measures are being implemented through April 10, 2020.

Please check the Shoshone County Website for phone numbers to offices, and emergency action plan steps to continue to do business. Anyone who meets high risk criteria pursuant to the recommendations of Panhandle Health District and the CDC will have limited access to the Shoshone County Courthouse and related public buildings. Members of the public are encouraged to use telephone or other electronic communications to contact County offices. The County will take all necessary steps to assist in providing options for the public to deliver documents and address other matters that require in-person processing.

City of Pinehurst
We ask the public to call City Hall (208) 682-3721 to make arrangements and limit exposure to both you, the public, and our staff. To achieve this, we will have no entry into our main office.

Police matters – please call 208-682-3662 or 208-556-1114 option 1 and an officer will be dispatched to you. If it is an emergency please dial 9-1-1.

2020 Dog Licenses can be mailed in with current proof of rabies, the price is still $5 if spayed and neutered $25 if not altered

Building permits can be done over the phone and payments can be made by placing a check in mail.

Phone: 208-682-3721
Fax: 208-682-4644

City of Smelterville office has limited access to the general public.

We ask the public to call City Hall (208) 786-3351 to make arrangements and limit exposure to both you, the public, and our staff. To achieve this, we will have no entry into our main office.

Thank you for understanding, as we want to continue to provide services to each and every one of you.

Sewer payments can be delivered by placing in the drop slot, calling in to make a credit/debit card payment or by mail. Changes to the account can be made by, email, fax, mail or telephone.

Building permits can be done over the phone and payments can be made by placing a check in the drop slot or mail.

Phone: 208-786-3351
Fax: 208-786-3351

City of Kellogg
Will have limited access to the general public. They have implemented social distancing with in the office. The City will strive to continue to provide services to the citizens of Kellogg.

The public is asked to call City Hall 208-786-9131 to make arrangements and limit exposure. To achieve this they ask for no entry through the front office. Allow them to contact who it is you need to meet and meet with them outside.

Police call city hall 208-786-9131 or 911. Payments of parking and dog tickets can be paid by placing payment in drop box or mailed.

Sewer/Sanitation payments can be placed in drop box, calling in to make a credit/debit card payment of by mail. Changes to accounts can be made by email, fax, mail or telephone.

Building plans and payments for permits can be dropped off in the front entrance of City Hall. Payments can be made by check, placed in drop box and mailed.

Phone: 208-786-9131
Fax: 208-784-1100

City of Wardner

Please contact Ron Corneil Phone: 208.786.0118 or

City of Osburn

Declaration – Changing date, meeting place or method of holding council meetings.

Restricting Access to certain places.

Changing methods of bill payment.

Limiting building occupancy.

Establishing temporary rules for using parks or other city facilities.

Exempting however, the authority of other Governmental entities to declare.

Emergencies and rules applicable as they see fit; and Authorizing the Mayor, in consultation with the Council President, to establish other administrative policies necessary to protect the public health and safety.

Phone: 208-752-0001 email:

City of Wallace

In an effort to provide the safest possible environment for the public and our employees we ask that, if possible, communications with the City be done via email, telephone or mail. We also have a drop box at our office that can be used for your payments.

We appreciate your understanding during these times.

Phone: 208-785-1147 Fax: 208-752-7741 email:

City of Mullan

All city owned buildings will be closed to the public, these buildings are: The Morning Club (library, auditorium, bowling alley and union room), City Hall and the Mullan Fire Department.

All city business with the public be conducted via phone, email or mail,(208) 744-1515,, PO Box 475, Mullan, ID 83846. If a special accommodation is needed please contact city hall within 24 hours.

City council and planning and zoning meeting will still be held on the second Tuesday of each month.

City council and planning and zoning meetings will be available to the public via conference call, 24 hour notice must be given to the city clerk.

There will be no finance charges for sewer payments that are received after March 31st for the first quarter billing. Sewer billing will continue quarterly as normal;

Phone: 208-744-1515

Posted in